13sep12:00 pm2:00 pm50-50 The Role of Women and Men in Addressing Climate Change in Agriculture12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Credo Restaurant Event Organized By: Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture Event Type:Agriculture,GenderAudience:Open to the Public
This side event will discuss the importance of implementing a gender-responsive approach to CSA, by recognizing the specific needs and capabilities of women and men and providing examples of site-specific
This side event will discuss the importance of implementing a gender-responsive approach to CSA, by recognizing the specific needs and capabilities of women and men and providing examples of site-specific CSA practices that are also gender-responsive.
Presenting a multi-stakeholder panel, the discussion aims to provide policymakers, civil society, development agencies and researchers with a comprehensive set of innovative approaches and tested good practices around unlocking women and men’s great potential in agriculture, food security and nutrition policies, projects and research, with stories from Africa, Asia, Central/North America.
Date: Thursday, 13 September 2018
Time: 12:00 – 2:00
Venue: Credo restaurant, 360 Pine St, San Francisco
Space is limited; please RSVP by 1 September to Melanie.Pisano@fao.org with your name, title and affiliation.
MODERATOR: Rima Al-Azar, Climate Smart Agriculture Team Leader, FAO.
• Elizabeth Henderson is a farmer and a member of the Board of Directors of the Northeast Organic Farming Association of New York (NOFA-NY).
• Federica Matteoli is Natural Resources Officer with the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture (GACSA) Facilitation Unit.
• Leida Mercado is the leader of the Economics and Environment for Development Program (EEFD) at the Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza (CATIE).
• Claudia Roessler is Worldwide Industry Solutions Director for Agriculture with Microsoft.
• Faviana Scorza Aguero is Senior Advisor in the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock of Costa Rica.
• Vidhya Sriram is Deputy Director for Knowledge Management and Research with CARE.
(Thursday) 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculturemelanie.email@example.com