14sep9:00 am11:00 am#GiveYouthAChance - Call for Resources for Youth Climate Action9:00 am - 11:00 am Aquarium of the Bay Event Organized By: GloCha Global Challenges Foundation New York Inc Event Type:YouthAudience:Invite Only
Climate Action Giving Pledge meeting at the Bay Aquarium in San Francisco: Young people are important change agents and need to be engaged in climate action as a special group of so called non-state actors.
Climate Action Giving Pledge meeting at the Bay Aquarium in San Francisco:
Young people are important change agents and need to be engaged in climate action as a special group of so called non-state actors. To be able to help the world to implement the Paris Agreement and to achieve the Sustainable development goals of Agenda2030, young people need concrete engagement opportunities, they need intellectual and financial resources/incentives and they need access to information and communication technology tools which connect local action with global goals and incentives.
The multistakeholder partnership GloCha is spearheading global large scale resource mobilization for the creation of the institutional and technological infrastructure for youth empowerment for climate action with its initiative #GiveYouthAChance Call for Resource for Youth Climate Action (campaign flyer: http://bit.ly/GYACflyer) which has been launched at the United Nations Climate Change conference COP22 in Marrakech in November 2016 and elaborated further at the climate conference COP23 in Bonn in November 2017
As the climate action leaders of the world are gathering at the California Global Climate Action Summit #GCAS2018, GloCha is providing a unique opportunity for wealth holders from around the world to meet, to demonstrate leadership in philanthropy and social imapct investment, and to make a bold announcement which will be heard by the whole world regarding leadership in building the resource base for multistakeholder climate action.
On 14th September 2018 9.00-11.00 AM PST GloCha Foudation New York and partners are organizing an exclusive meeting at the Bay Aquarium at which resource holders will have a chance to explore with leading climate action leaders and youth representatives which philanthropy or social impact investment interventions would deliver the highest impact and coordinate actions in a synergetic manner, i.a. in following fields:
- youth empowerment for climate action programs(participation in climate governance, education and climate entrepreneurship resources) , in cooperation with leading youth climate action organizations (watch COP23 press conference video https://unfccc.cloud.streamworld.de/webcast/call-for-resources-for-youth-climate-action)
- (blockchain technology based) information and communication technology infrastructure for multistakeholder climate action(a list of priority projects will be elaborated at the GCAS affiliate event of the Climate Chain Coalition on 11th September (https://www.glocha.org/2018/08/07/gcas2018-blockchain-for-climate-action-event-in-san-francisco/)
- a global climate education and communication platform in cooperation with the UNFCCC observer organizations group ECOS – Education, Communication and Outreach Stakeholders Community (context to be presented by NOAA climate education expert Frank Niepold)
- a climate museum (concept to be presented by the SF Bay institute)
- gamification: City Climate Olympics / Global Challenges World Cup
- (blockchain based) crowdfunding for a (GloCha) Global Climate Action Center in NYC
(Friday) 9:00 am - 11:00 am