14sepAll DayWater Pavilion(All Day: friday) Exploratorium Event Organized By: Governor's Office of Planning and Research, Water Foundation, & Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Event Type:WaterAudience:Invite Only
Join leaders from governments, business, civil society, academia, and communities around the world for the Water Pavilion, a two-day affiliated event focused on water’s role in reaching climate goals and
Join leaders from governments, business, civil society, academia, and communities around the world for the Water Pavilion, a two-day affiliated event focused on water’s role in reaching climate goals and building resilience to impacts.
Our climate is changing, and water delivers some of the most devastating consequences and promising solutions. Droughts, floods, and extreme weather threaten people’s homes, safety, and livelihoods. Balancing water systems locally and globally is essential to meet basic human needs and protect our food supply. Water is integrally linked to our goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as our use of water can either consume or produce energy. Well-functioning watersheds and basins are necessary to support healthy forests, floodplains, wetlands, and other carbon sinks needed to meet our climate goals.
The Water Pavilion will include inspirational speakers, high-level panel discussions, and interactive workshops to articulate the water-climate connection and inspire participants to make ambitious commitments. Activities are organized around five themes:
- Science to Action – A reflection on what we know and how science should inform action
- Laws and Governance – Elevating governance structures that support and achieve water-climate resilience
- Financing Solutions – Exploring creative financing approaches for water innovations and infrastructure globally
- Communities on the Front Lines of Climate Change – Communities coming together to share what they’ve learned and identify pathways to resilience
- Water-Climate Commitments – Participants making public commitments to increase the pace and scale of water-climate resilient actions
The Water Pavilion is hosted by the California Governor’s Office of Planning and Research and sponsored by the Water Foundation, Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, and other foundations and NGOs. Water Pavilion will take place at Autodesk, 1 Market St, Suite 200 on September 13 and at the Exploratorium, Pier 15, the Embarcadero both on the Bay waterfront in San Francisco on September 14.
All Day (Friday)
Pier 15 The Embarcadero
Governor's Office of Planning and Research, Water Foundation, & Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation