11sep4:30 pm5:30 pmWomen Policy Leaders Driving Change in Global Climate Policy4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Salesforce Tower Event Organized By: Wilson Center, Women in Public Service Project and STIP, co hosting with the Governing Institute and Salesforce Event Type:GenderAudience:Open to the Public
Climate change has exerted a greater impact on the sections of the population with less resources to respond to natural disasters and hazards. The UN’s Gender and Climate Change program
Climate change has exerted a greater impact on the sections of the population with less resources to respond to natural disasters and hazards. The UN’s Gender and Climate Change program indicates that women commonly face higher risks of climate change as overcoming its consequences are more difficult in poverty-stricken situation where women hold a larger percentage.
Their greater vulnerability to climate change hazards is coupled with their unequal leadership position in policy decision-making and business industries. However, despite the barriers, women who have lead sustainable resource management and climate policies have demonstrated greater responsiveness to people’s needs, decreased existing inequalities and improved the efficacy of climate related projects and policies
Join our panel of Women Policy Leaders Driving Change in Global Climate Policy:
- Gina McCarthy, Former EPA Administrator and Director Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Center for Climate, Health and the Global Environment
- Anne Baker, Deputy Controller for Environmental Policy, State Controller’s Office, California
- Suzanne DiBianca, Executive Vice President of Corporate Relations and Chief Philanthropy Officer of Salesforce
- Kathleen Rogers, President, Earth Day Network
- Moderated by Gwen K Young, Director, Global Women’s Leadership Initiative and Women in Public Service Project, Wilson Center
Tis panel highlights the women who are at the forefront of driving positive change in global climate policy. GWLI explores the relationship between gender and global climate challenges and the ways in which women’s leadership in this arena has thus far created more effective policies and solutions.
(Tuesday) 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
415 Mission Street, 14th Floor, Room C-15, San Francisco, CA
Wilson Center, Women in Public Service Project and STIP, co hosting with the Governing Institute and Salesforce